Skip to Content
Non-WU Participant
Many of our study abroad programs are open to non-WU participants. To find programs open to Non-WU participants, click here.

Before applying for a program, if the particpant does not have a WIN number, they will need to apply to Washburn as a non-degree seeking student. Please see the Washburn Admissions website for more information.

Once the participant has been notified of their acceptance to WU, they will receive their WIN and MyWashburn login and password.  This will be used to log in to MyWashurn to enroll in their courses as well as pay their program fees.

For credit bearing programs, students will be enrolled in courses while they are studying abroad.  Students will need to work with their home institution to see how the courses taken abroad will fulfill degree requirements.

Application, Admission & Enrollment
The application process for non-WU participants is almost exactly the same as for WU students.  Participants will need to apply for a study abroad program and complete the application.  After a participant has decided on a program, they will need to begin an application by clicking the "Apply Now" button on the program brochure page.  The participant will be prompted to register for a login for the online application. A User ID and temporary password will be emailed to you with directions on logging into the online application.  Once you login and change your password, you will need to go back to the program brochure page and select the "Apply Now" button again. Then application will prompt you to select the term for which you are applying.  After you arrive at your application home page, you will need to complete all required application parts.  For more information about the application parts, please review our Application Process phases page.

Bods Abroad Login Information
Non-WU participants will use personal email address and create a personalized password to log into the Bods Abroad application system. If at any time you forget your password, please contact

Financial Aid & Scholarships
Non-WU students will need to check with the Financial Aid Office at their home university to see if it is possible to use their Financial Aid and Scholarships for WU Study Abroad Programs as institutional requirements and procedures can vary.

Washburn University does not have any scholarships open to Non-WU students or Non-WU participants, but there are a broad range of national scholarships available to students; National Security Education Program (NSEP) David L. Boren Undergraduate Scholarship, the Freeman-ASIA Scholarship and the Gilman International Scholarship are just a few notable ones.

If you have any questions please contact us at 785-670-1051 or




Visit Us on Facebook

Washburn University . 1700 SW College Ave . Topeka, Kansas 66621
Office of International Programs. 785-670-1051 .
Equal Opportunity Statement
Browser requirements:  This site works best with Internet Explorer or Firefox.  (Safari is not supported)