Skip to content


Can I study abroad if I don't speak a foreign language?
Yes.  Washburn sponsors English language programs in England, Denmark, Sweden, China, Japan, Belgium, Austria, Finland, France, Germany, the Netherlands and Spain..

Can I participate in a program sponsored by another school?
Yes.  The programs identified here are those sponsored by Washburn University.  Other universities sponsor programs in other countries.  To request approval, complete the Study Abroad Student Initiated Program Proposal.

How much does it cost?
The cost depends upon the study abroad program you participate in.  Washburn keeps costs down.  For instance, several of our semester long programs require that you pay Washburn's tuition for a semester while studying overseas. Other programs are less expensive because they last for shorter periods of time, e.g., a month in the summer or during spring break.

Is there an application fee?
Yes, but it depends on your applicant type. See the table below for more information:

Applicant Type Application Fee
Washburn Student $75 (includes Scholarship application)           
Modern Languages Student $25
Washburn Faculty/Staff $0
Non-Washburn Participant $200

Do credits earned overseas transfer to Washburn?
If your program is approved in advance, yes.  All courses taken as part of the programs identified here transfer to Washburn.  Arrangements can also be made to transfer courses taken in other programs.




Visit Us on Facebook

Washburn University . 1700 SW College Ave . Topeka, Kansas 66621
Office of International Programs. 785-670-1051 .
Equal Opportunity Statement
Browser requirements:  This site works best with Internet Explorer or Firefox.  (Safari is not supported)