Study Abroad Pre-Departure Orientation
All studying abroad participants are required to attend the Study Abroad Pre-Departure Orientation. The orientation will provide you with valuable pre-departure information, resources, and checklist. The orientation features speakers from across campus sharing information related to traveling abroad to help answer your questions and prepare you for your Study Abroad experience.
- Please bring your personal laptop - The orientation will feature both online resources and in-person presentations.
- If you are unable to attend the orientation session, you must contact The Study Abroad Coordinator BEFORE the orientation date to make other arrangements: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Parents, guardians, and spouses are welcome to attend.
- Students will find it extremely helpful to do some research before going abroad; understanding a country's culture, laws, customs, politics, etc. can be tremendously important. The more you know ahead of time about the country of your choice, the better prepared and more confident you will feel when you arrive.
- Travel Documents
- Smart Travel
- Money Management
- Life Abroad
- Local Laws
- Cultural Adjustment
- Traveling While Abroad
- Pre-departure Checklist
Study Abroad Handbook for Parents - This information packet has been designed to help parents understand the following:
- Step-by-step process of study abroad at Washburn University
- Going abroad
- Stages of culture adjustment
- Frequently asked questions