International Education Washburn TransformationalThe Washburn Transformational Experience (WTE) is a program that provides Washburn University students with amazing opportunities and experiences. The WTE goes beyond the everyday classroom experience by allowing students to choose and create projects that reflect their interests.
The IE-WTE funds are provided by Washburn University for students completing the International Education Washburn Transformational Experience. It is available to undergraduate students with awards up to $2,000. Note: Students are eligible to receive funding for only one WTE program.
The amount of award is recommended based on such factors as cost and length of the program, number of applicants, and available funds. Additional amount may be awarded based on the strength of the application, which typically includes academic merit, statement of purpose, and recommendations.
The applicant must:
- Be a currently enrolled degree-seeking student at WU at the time of applying
- Have completed at least 12 WU hours with a minimum GPA of 2.0 at the time of applying
- NOT have graduated before the program departs unless the course associated with the program is required for graduation.
- A student who graduates in May going on a program in June that has no course associated is NOT eligible for scholarship.
- A student who graduates in May going on a program in June whose course association is not required for graduation is NOT eligible for scholarship.
- NOT have received a WTE scholarship or grant (excluding poster grants) during undergraduate studies at Washburn
Click here to apply for scholarship.