Home > Diversity, Inclusion & Study Abroad
Diversity, Inclusion & Study Abroad
Attitudes toward women and underrepresented groups vary greatly among cultures. Consider that even if you are not in the minority at home, you might be in your host culture. Educating yourself and thinking through the many scenarios you might encounter will better prepare you to deal with life abroad.
Resources for participants with physical disabilities:
- Journey Women On-line Magazine
- Safety Issues for Women Traveling Abroad
- University of Michigan International Center
Resources for underrepresented students traveling abroad (including students of color, disabled students, and gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgendered students):
- Meaningful Travel Tips & Tales: African American Perspectives
- Mobility International: National Clearinghouse on Disability and Exchange
- Northwestern University-Safety and Study Abroad: LGBT
- SAFETI Clearinghouse Online Newsletter
If you are interested in learning more about study abroad experiences as a student of color abroad, consider reading Both Feet Essay.